101 USES FOR DUCT TAPE
(Plus or minus 70 or 80)
All of the following fall into one of these categories:
Things I have used duct tape for,
Things other people have used duct tape for,
Things I have imagined using duct tape for,
Things other people have imagined using duct tape for.
"Duct tape is like the force:
It has a dark side and
a light side and it holds the universe
- Carl Zwanzig
Last update to list: 07/04/1999
- Hanging posters.
- Decorative book cover.
- Fix broken tail light on vehicle.
- Twist a long piece into rope (thousands more uses).
- Tape wires down on floor or out of the way.
- Tape wires back together after splicing (much wider than electricians'
- Reattach rear view mirror.
- Repair cracked windshield/window.
- Patch ripped clothing.
- Hide unsightly wallpaper seams.
- Repair broken hoses.
- Repair broken fan belt.
- Use as art medium.
- Fix broken book binding.
- Band-Aid for really big cuts.
- Attach leg splint to broken leg.
- Wallpaper your house (may be slightly expensive, but well worth it for
the resulting sophisticated look).
- Reinforce pages in 3 ring binder.
- Cover up empty drive bays.
- Fold in half and use as bookmark.
- Disk labels.
- Rappelling harness.
- Toilet paper.
- Hinge on cabinet door.
- Repairing leak in tire/inner tube.
- Taping annoying people to walls, floor, ceiling, or bed.
- Holding together computer cases.
- Hold up exhaust pipe (doesn't last very long).
- Repair upholstery.
- Make lawn furniture.
- Make lawn decorations.
- Fix racquetball racquets.
- Roll into a ball for hockey practice.
- Mark lines on a sporting event field.
- Clothing – all sorts.
- Can be use to wrap duct work, but doesn't seal or hold up ducts very
- Use to pull unsightly hair.
- Keeps pledges in their place (also applies to siblings).
- Patches holes in vinyl siding.
- An entire roll can be used in place of a bedroom door to keep someone
in for hours.
- Twisted correctly, can be used as a billy-club.
- Wrapped around newspaper to make a dog chew toy.
- Holding on book covers.
- Reflective lettering.
- Mute function for humans.
- Contraceptive device.
- Climbing rope.
- Cover old pocket folders -- lasts forever!
- Shoe designs.
- Sealing envelopes (in case you hate the taste of envelope glue).
- Replacement for airplane glue.
- For store owners: great way to keep the wigs on mannequins.
- Seat belts that'll REALLY keep the kids still.
- Closing chip bags.
- Make the stapler obsolete!
- Putting up Christmas lights (easy removal).
- Why bother with waxing...
- Add several layers to your car's bumpers for a much safer ride.
- Fix vacuum cleaner hose.
- Tape ski boot to your ski when the binding breaks.
- Repair seams of ski gloves.
- Wrap around your waist when your zipper splits in a one piece ski suit.
- Lift and separate when you don't want
to wear a bra or can't have straps showing.
- Hold temple onto eye glasses.
- Fix printer.
- Make a wallet out of it.
- Hold car hood shut.
- Patch hole in canoe.
- Fixing sets for the school play.
- Making props look more realistic.
- Make letter for letter jacket.
- Hold your letter to your letter jacket.
- Re-enforce the phone cord.
- Hold batteries in remote control.
- Play a CD (reflect a laser beam onto a CD to play it).
- Stick pictures up in your locker.
- Fix holes in your Airwalks.
- Use instead of nail polish.
- Hold pens together.
- Wrap your ankle for sports.
- Can be used in place of handcuffs.
- Hold file cabinet together.
- Hold shoe laces together.
- Can replace shoe laces.
- Can be used in place of Velcro.
- Write term paper on it.
- Graduation present.
- Can be used to put back together a shredded term paper.
- Stop your jeans from fraying.
- Hair ties.
- Hold spikes to your cleats.
- Make a book shelf.
- Note cards.
- Remove lint from clothes.
- Makes great bumper stickers with a sharpie!
- Cook a baked potato in it.
- Hold car door shut.
- Tape plastic over broken rear window in car.
- Tape down ripped carpet.
- Tape sole of ratty sneaker to body of sneaker.
- Hold speaker wire to the back of speaker.
- Use it as a Biore strip.
- Practical joke toilet paper replacement.
- Makes a good bib.
- Put it on your lawn and paint it green. Say good-bye to mowing.
- Mouse trap.
- Fly paper.
- Tape your little brothers' mouths shut.
- Use as vinyl flooring.
- Cover rust holes in your car.
- Roofing shingles.
- Make a clothes line.
- Window coverings.
- Use a roof rack on your car for carrying luggage and other items.
- Fix a broken plate.
- Patch a hole in your swimming pool.
- Make a swing for your kids.
- Make a tent for camping.
- For the annoying mother-in-law.
- Lock people into their house, school, office, etc.
- Hold your car's bumper in place.
- Seat covers in your car.
- Fix holes in your sock.
- Fix the hole in your favorite coffee cup.
- Make a coffee cup.
- Retread your tennis shoes.
- Repair work gloves.
- Make work gloves.
- Home security system - tape up doors and windows.
- Watch band.
- CD case.
- Wrap a soda can or bottle in duct tape to keep it cold.
- Makes stylish notebook decorations.
- Use it to fix old instruments.
- Use it as a dog/cat/rabbit/frog/lizard/etc. leash.
- Hold on toupees.
- Duct tape annoying, rambunctious students to their seats.
- Reupholster the roof on a '83 Mustang convertible (or any vehicle for
- Attach it to the end of a yard stick (sticky side out) as a way to get
pennies out from behind the couch.
- Surgical bandage.
- Fix a cigarette that is broken at the filter.
- A clothesline when you're out in the middle of nowhere. (Peace
- Use it as a substitute for Bondo.
- Makes excellent streamers for bicycle handlebars.
- Toilet seat cover.
- Replace broken screen in your screen doors to create an excellent storm
door for those cold winter nights.
- Makes great posters with the aid of magic markers.
- Make a sheet for your bed.
- Wrap freshmen up in it.
- Use to make the lines in the middle of the road.
- Make a space suit out of it so you can walk on the moon.
- Use as a musical instrument.
- Make a hat.
- Make a wallet chain out of it.
- Stare at it and try to find new uses for it.
- Make a boat out of it.
- Throw it at people.
- Write on it and stick to someone's back.
- Put a few rolls on their side and roll them to have a duct tape race!
- Tape a hedge trimmer or chain saw to a long pole in order to trim or
cut tall trees.
- Use it as hockey tape.
- Tape Tupperware containers together in a way that you can stack them
on top of each other for more storage space.
- Use to keep the cover of an old ice cream maker securely attached.
- Cut a hole in a piece of cardboard, wrap duct tape around it and get
a really inexpensive original looking picture frame.
- Tape Nerf basketball hoop to the back of a door because they just don't
stay on their own.
- Make a pouch and attach it to a door so you can hold stuff.
- Repair smashed pumpkin.
- Waterproof sun screen for bald men.
- Snowmobile/motorcycle seat cover.
- Hold broken U-joints together on truck so you can make it home.
- Makes a good replacement for chrome.
- Patch holes in convertibles or soft top jeeps.
- Resurface your trampoline.
- Artificial lighting.
- Use it to tape 10 year olds with sugar highs to trees during boyscout
- Can be made to fashion weapons in a pinch.
- Emergency limb replacements.
- Make fantastic puppets and other toys.
- Can be used to clean the floor when no vacuum is available.
- S & M.
- Make a ball.
- Repair trim on cars.
- Patch up fish tank.
- Halloween costume.
- Waterproof footwear.
- Make a makeup case.
- Repair leak in pilot gas line.
- Gagging device.
- Pin striping.
- Wrapping Christmas presents.
- Patch seams in carpeting.
- Patch a hole in a tent.
- No need for lunch box - just tape all your food together!
- Use to keep President Clinton's pants up.
- Cute plant holder.
- Keep hair in place.
- Make a tie out of it.
- Chastity belt.
- Blister repair.
speech on softball uniforms.
- Repair pantyhose.
- Roll it over a pool and make a trampoline.
- Keeping guitar strap on your guitar.
- Taping mic to mic stand (or a hockey stick).
- Taping mic stand to amp.
- Hold a float together.
- Fix mini blinds.
- Get rid of plantars warts.
- Hold telephone together.
- Hold computer mouse together.
- Write on vehicles.
- Make a Halloween mask.
- Decorate guard rifles.
- Make really cool underwear.
- Make a mummy costume for Halloween.
- When you get in a really boring conversation pull it out and ask the
other person if they can name 101 uses for it (plus or minus 70 or 80).
- Attach underwater flashlight to underwater strobe for night dives.
- Hold a car battery in.
- Attach glow-in-the-dark bugs to people's houses.
- Fixing the toilet seat.
- Window shade.
- Hair extensions.
- Seat covering for a 1963 Vespa GS 160 (or any other vehicle for that
- Wrap around cardboard tube to make fake swords for the kids.
- Waterproof apron.
- Beverage holders.
- Pet rain gear.
- Toilet paper roll cover.
- Cell phone holder.
- Tool belt.
- Shower curtain.
- Repair speaker cones.
- Poor man's Viagra - two Popsicle sticks and duct tape.
- Hold the plastic (or Mylar) on your car where the window should be.
- Wrap a "365 Uses For Duct Tape" calendar for Christmas.
- Hold up worn out socks.
- Tape keys to bottom of car so you never lose them.